The St John Fisher Code of Conduct
"To encourage students to develop individually, collectively and freely a way of life modelled on Christ, in accordance with the faith of the Roman Catholic Church"
It is expected that as a member of SJF you will show respect at all times, both in school and out of school, by having:
Respect for Yourself
- Take responsibility for your own actions.
- Always look smart and wear the correct school uniform, including suitable shoes not trainers or sportswear and an outdoor coat (no hoods or sports coats).
- Do not wear make up or nail varnish. If worn you will have to remove it.
- Do not use banned substances*. This would result in exclusion
- Ensure you have all necessary books and equipment for lessons
- All mobile phones, pods and MP3 players must be switched off and only used out of lessons, before and after school. They will be confiscated if used inappropriately. The school accepts no responsibility for the loss, damage or theft of such items.
Respect for Others
- Behave with courtesy and consideration at all times both in what you do and say, walk on the left when moving around the school
- Treat others as you would wish them to treat you (mutual respect)
- Respect the beliefs of others and participate or be silent during times of prayer or reflection
- Do not use obscene or abusive language
- Respect the property of other members of the community
- Arrive promptly to lessons. If you are late, without good reason you will be kept in at break or lunchtime.
- Share with your parents/carers any entries made in your planner
- Ensure your parents/carers receive all school letters and communications promptly and return the reply slips.
- Do not bring banned substances* into school, this will result in exclusion.
Respect for the Environment
- Keep the school clean and tidy and use the bins provided.
- Eat in the designated places i.e. the canteen only. You must not eat in classrooms or the main school building. No food or drink is allowed in the science labs.
- Do not bring chewing gum, aerosol cans, tippex etc. to the school.
- Follow all Health and Safety guidelines.
- Do not break, damage or graffiti any school or personal property.
- Do not leave the school grounds during the day unless permission has been given by the Welfare and Attendance Team or Headteacher.
*banned substances: alcohol, cigarettes and classified illegal drugs.
This Code of Conduct will be displayed in all rooms and is in the Student Planner.
"The school has clear expectations of students’ behaviour, which are consistently applied by all staff."
Ofsted March 2013