"Dance makes a distinctive contribution to the education of all students, in that it uses movement as its mode of expression and communication: it engages the physical, emotional and intellectual dimensions of the human being in artistic and aesthetic experiences."
Dance is offered as a GCSE option and provides a suitable pathway towards A-Level Performance Studies.
The GCSE syllabus will assess the candidates’ ability to:
Several dance styles will be studied including Contemporary, Jazz and Ballet. It is also hoped that all students studying dance will have the oppurtunity to experience a professional workshop e.g. - Rambert Dance Company.
Students will be assessed by both a terminal examination and coursework. The examination makes up 40% of marks whilst coursework provides the remaining 60%.
The examination is divided into 2 sections
Coursework is divided into 3 sections